We would love to welcome members of your Scout groups to support our 100 Litter Bag Challenge on Sunday 4th March.
The event will be taking place over several parks that are situated along the River Soar and Navigation and we will be picking litter to try to reduce the amount that is blown into the river, then washed out to sea.
Please support us to help the environment and our Leicester Wildlife on both land and water, you are welcome to join us on any site, then re-join us at Abbey Park to be a part of the big bag count and celebration.
1. Watermead Country Park 10am – 10.45am
2. Ellis Meadows and surrounding tow path 10.15am – 11am
3. Bede Park 10.30 – 11.15am
4. Rally Park 10.45 – 11.30am
5. Abbey Park on the River Soar litter picking from bell boats 10.30 – 12.30
6. Abbey Park 11.30 – 12.30pm
7. Invitation to all who have taken part to attend the counting of bags and press opportunity Abbey Park 1pm, on Abbey Park
The large event on the 4th is the culmination of activities over the three days of 2nd-4th March and after the event we will undertake the final bag count and press opportunity. We would also like to offer to place your logo on the promotional material for the day to recognise your kind support.
Please can you initially indicate if you would like to take part. If yes can you then let me know who will be attending, the lead person and a telephone number by 22nd February, thank you.
Bsc (Hons) Psych (Open)
0116 454 4473
Available Monday – Thursday Only
Leicester City Council